We are looking for a Trustee with financial experience who would be interested in advising and guiding our work from a strategic viewpoint. We are small but growing charity, supporting local partners in Uganda and Kenya to provide healthcare and family planning in fragile, rural environments.
We are looking for someone who could:
- Advise Trustees on all financial matters, particularly regulatory compliance.
- Hold oversight of both the Trustees’ annual review and the annual report of accounts by the independent examiner
- Advise fellow Trustees on a regular basis of the financial status of the charity and where necessary recommend action.
- Maintain budgetary oversight with CEO
- Ensure the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements with regards to financial matters, and acts within the confines of its governing document and in furtherance of organisational activities contained therein.
- Act in the best interest of the charity, our beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Promote and develop the charity in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance to society.
- Maintain sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the agreed budget and investment activities, meet accepted standards and policies.
- Act as a counter-signatory on charity cheques and any applications for funds, if appropriate.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity and its resources, striving for best practice in good governance.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of trustee’s responsibilities to the charity.
If you are interested in discussing this role in more detail. please contact Henry Pomeroy, CHASE Africa Director, for more information.